- Registered Architect, Illinois, Colorado, Ohio, and Pennsylvania
- M.Arch, Yale University
- B.Arch, The University of Kansas
Andrew Moddrell is a founding partner of PORT. He is currently leading a diverse range of public realm and urban design projects in Chicago, Knoxville, Louisville and Cleveland.
In addition to his work at PORT, Mr. Moddrell teaches seminars and design studios related to contemporary issues of urbanism as a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois-Chicago School of Architecture and as a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of Michigan Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning. Previously, he was the 2015-16 Eliel Saarinen Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of Michigan, taught at the Architectural Association in London as part of the AA/UIC Visiting School and was a Research Associate at the Illinois Institute of Technology.
Mr. Moddrell was part of the advisory panel for the National Endowment for the Arts inaugural “Our Town” initiative that awarded millions of dollars to be invested in communities that are supporting the arts as part of a community revitalization strategy. He is also an active member of the Chicago Central Area Committee, helping lead the CCAC proposal for the Unlocking the Value of the Old Cook County Hospital Charrette and is part of the CCAC Young Leader Executive Committee.
Mr. Moddrell holds a B.Arch with distinction from The University of Kansas, where he was awarded the Thayer Medal for Architectural Design, and an M.Arch from Yale University, where he was awarded the H.I. Feldman Prize for Design Excellence.
Full Project Lists:
- Quarry Lake at Fort Dickerson Park, Knoxville, TN
- Knoxville Battlefield Loop Master Plan, Knoxville, TN
- Archeworks Wasted Market, Chicago, IL
- Kansas City Twin Creeks Park Master Plan, Kansas City, MO
- The Big Shift, Chicago Architecture Biennial, Chicago, IL
- Main Avenue Bridge Underpass, Cleveland, Ohio
- Dorchester Arts District, Chicago, Illinois
- Cook County Hospital Master Plan, Chicago, IL
- The Resonation Room, Chicago, IL
- UIC/North Lawndale Obama Presidential Library, Chicago, IL
- The Thick City Pavilion, Chicago, Illinois
- Paco Sanchez Park, Denver, CO
- Moscow International Financial City, Moscow
- Goose Island Vision, Chicago, Illinois
- Rio Grande Valley Colonias, Brownsville/McAllen, Texas
- Kansas City Stockyards District Vision, Kansas City, MO
- City Deck at City-County Building, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Millennium Reserve / Calumet Regional Study, Chicago, Illinois
- City Loop – Re-Imagine Play at City Park, Denver, Colorado
- LA River Greenway 2020, Los Angeles, California
- Agua Alta – Parque La Carlota, Caracas, Venezuela
- The Pierscape at Navy Pier, Chicago, Illinois
- Helsinki South Harbour, Helsinki, Finland
- National GRID / National HEDGE, United Kingdom
- I Love GLC – Great Lakes City, Great Lakes Region, North America
- Lambeau Field Titletown District,Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Carbon T.A.P//Tunnel Algae Park,New York, NY
- Gateway National Park, New York, NY
- Urban Voids Ideas Competition, Philadelphia, PA.